Monday, March 8, 2010

Lesson Learned

One day I was climbing on the roof and jumping off the roof on to the trampoline. My dad didn't like me doing this, but it was so fun I did it anyway. One day while I was just lifting myself onto the roof I saw my dad's car on the road. The trampoline was on the side of the house the garage was on, so I couldn't jump onto it without my dad seeing me. I was so scared of him finding me that I went to the opposite side of the house and jumped onto the ground. I landed on the ground and felt a jolt of pain in my ankle, I had rolled it. But I didn't care, I ran into our house and laid on the couch and pretended to sleep. My dad walked in, saw me, and started laughing. He said he had already saw me on the roof and that I didn't need to hurt myself to try to get away. I'm pretty sure he was going to give me swats but he said that my ankle was punishment enough.
I learned to never jump from the roof to the ground again.

1 comment:

  1. Um, what about the lesson of not trying to do something your father had already advised you against? :)

    And the ankle sounds painful!

    ReplyDelete